About This Blog
Texas Children's Blog provides important perspective on pediatric health from the same voices that care for our patients at Texas Children's Hospital.
Our Blog In Your Inbox
- When Should You Seek Medical Attention For Your Child With A Respiratory Virus?
- Commonly Asked Questions About CT Scans: What Do I Need To Know?
- Texas Children’s Saved My Daughter’s Life, Twice
- Are You Missing A Critical Part Of Your Health Routine?
- Texas Children’s Food Allergy Clinic Partners With HISD To Make Schools Safer For Houston Kids
- Roberta Anding (31)
- Dr. Steven Abrams (25)
- Dr. Katherine Leaming-Van Zandt (17)
- Dr. Jeremy Slone (16)
- Rachel Cunningham (15)
- Mark A. Wallace (11)
- Dr. Harold Farber (10)
- Kristi King (10)
- Diane Murrell (10)
- Dr. Nancy Hurst (10)
- John Bickel (9)
- Dr. Jennifer Dietrich (9)
- Dr. Mark Kline (9)
- Dr. Matthew Wigder (8)
- > View all contributors
Author Archives: Lindsey Hales, Mother of Patient
About Lindsey Hales, Mother of Patient
My name is Lindsey Hales and my life changed the day my daughter Brooklyn was born. As her mother, I struggled with confusion after she was diagnosed with CDH (Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia).
Brooklyn spent 4 months in the NICU at Texas Children’s Hospital. This experience gave our family a new perspective on hope, faith and the power a little girl’s struggle can have on a community. We took her journey 1 day at a time, learning that every experience has a purpose and meaning.
My husband, Jered, and I are one of those couples that can’t wait to give each other gifts. Every birthday, Christmas or anniversary we end up exchanging presents days before … Full Entry »