About This Blog
Texas Children's Blog provides important perspective on pediatric health from the same voices that care for our patients at Texas Children's Hospital.
Our Blog In Your Inbox
- Baby Born With Heart Outside Of Body (Ectopia Cordis) Makes History on
- Transitioning to adult care: a patient’s perspective on
- Respiratory Infections and Radiology on
- International Travel with a Child – Part I: Pre-Flight Preparations on
- Over-The-Counter Medications For Kids – Part 1: Tackling Fevers, Allergies And Colds on
Author Archives: Lindsey Hales, Mother of Patient
About Lindsey Hales, Mother of Patient
My name is Lindsey Hales and my life changed the day my daughter Brooklyn was born. As her mother, I struggled with confusion after she was diagnosed with CDH (Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia).
Brooklyn spent 4 months in the NICU at Texas Children’s Hospital. This experience gave our family a new perspective on hope, faith and the power a little girl’s struggle can have on a community. We took her journey 1 day at a time, learning that every experience has a purpose and meaning.
My husband, Jered, and I are one of those couples that can’t wait to give each other gifts. Every birthday, Christmas or anniversary we end up exchanging presents days before … Full Entry »