About This Blog
Texas Children's Blog provides important perspective on pediatric health from the same voices that care for our patients at Texas Children's Hospital.
Our Blog In Your Inbox
- When Should You Seek Medical Attention For Your Child With A Respiratory Virus?
- Commonly Asked Questions About CT Scans: What Do I Need To Know?
- Texas Children’s Saved My Daughter’s Life, Twice
- Are You Missing A Critical Part Of Your Health Routine?
- Texas Children’s Food Allergy Clinic Partners With HISD To Make Schools Safer For Houston Kids
- Roberta Anding (31)
- Dr. Steven Abrams (25)
- Dr. Katherine Leaming-Van Zandt (17)
- Dr. Jeremy Slone (16)
- Rachel Cunningham (15)
- Mark A. Wallace (11)
- Dr. Harold Farber (10)
- Kristi King (10)
- Diane Murrell (10)
- Dr. Nancy Hurst (10)
- John Bickel (9)
- Dr. Jennifer Dietrich (9)
- Dr. Mark Kline (9)
- Dr. Matthew Wigder (8)
- > View all contributors
Author Archives: Roberta Anding, Director of Sports Nutrition
If you are like most sports enthusiasts, you are enjoying watching the Olympics. You might be watching this with your children and squeezing this “must see TV” in between basketball practice … Full Entry
Most athletes know the value of good nutrition at meals, but what about when you want a quick snack between meals? Here are some nutritious foods to keep in your … Full Entry
Are you training for the upcoming Texas Children’s Hospital Family Fun Run? If so — follow these nutritional tips for getting in top performance condition! Good nutrition is important, but … Full Entry
If you read the popular press, it seems like everyone should follow a gluten-free diet. But what exactly is gluten, and should you avoid it? Gluten is a grain protein that … Full Entry
According to the Centers for Disease Control, 67 million Americans have high blood pressure. Often nicknamed the silent killer, high blood pressure often has no real symptoms but is a … Full Entry